DISPUTE RESOLUTION & LITIGATION
William Aylmer has practised in contentious civil and commercial work since 1994 for diverse clients both natural and corporate and primarily as claimant’s solicitor.
Our approach continues to focus on dispute avoidance and management. When clients’ conflicts escalate into contentious dispute or litigation, having fully analysed and understood their legal, commercial and personal risks, we assist them in achieving the most efficient and cost-effective resolution possible by offering premium quality, client-focused service, especially when litigation becomes unavoidable.
Highlights in contentious practice.
- Representing a group of private clients in High Court professional negligence action to recover financial losses in the property sector.
- Representing a UK sub-contracting subsidiary of a global construction group in a series of arbitral and High Court Commercial actions to recover from a main contractor.
- Representing a global energy company in injunction proceedings against planning objectors.
- Representing a global transport company in a Parliamentary Inquiry.
- Representing a UK retail business in successfully prosecuting a Supreme Court appeal in a Revenue Appeal Commissioners’ decision on VAT liability.
- Representing a claimant in a landmark High Court employer’s liability action for damages for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Representing a global pharmaceutical company in the retained organs Inquiry.
- Representing a client in the air transport sector in negotiating settlement of a claim arising out of an aircraft leasing agreement prior to entry into the High Court Commercial List.
- Representing an airline services company arresting a customer’s aircraft for breach of contract.
- Advising a global company on the insertion of an alternative dispute resolution clause into a major international commercial agreement.
- Advising a global environmental services company on making an open offer of mediation at the earliest opportunity following receipt of a product liability claim, leading to successful resolution through mediation.
- Representing persons infected with Hepatitis C and HIV seeking compensation through the Hep C Compensation Tribunal.
- Representing numerous clients seeking compensation for personal injury suffered in accidents at work, on the roads, in public places and as a result of medical accidents.